- The funding will assist in evaluating potential run-of-river hydro power projects in the Ts’elxweyeqw’s Traditional Territory.
- The funding will also assist in the creation of a renewable energy plan intended to be a basis for discussion for run-of-river hydro power development for the community.
- The first revenue-sharing agreement under the fund, signed in March 2013, provides the Tahltan Nation with a portion of water rentals and land rents charged for the Forrest Kerr hydroelectric project.
- B.C. has just reached the second revenue-sharing agreement under the fund, enabling the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation to share revenue from the Haa-ak-suuk Creek Power Project.
- Further revenue-sharing agreements are expected to be announced in the near future.
- For more information about the First Nations Clean Energy Business Fund and how to apply, call 1 800 880-1022 toll-free or visit: http://www.gov.bc.ca/arr/economic/fncebf.html